Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week one comes to close

If you couldn't tell already, I'm loving it here in France!  I visited Toulouse's city center on Wednesday, which is something I'll be doing again since it is so close to the university.  

On Thursday, I had French class and a class on Common Agriculture Policy.  I learned about the EU and how it oversees and subsidizes agriculture production.

On Friday, I had French class in the morning.  In the afternoon, I visited Carcassonne, which is an AWESOME fortress a little south of Toulouse.  I also ordered a nutella crepe (yum!) in French!  This is really exciting, because I didn't know any French before coming here.  I'm not picking up the language as quickly as I had hoped, but I am making progress.  Looking back, I had unrealistic expectations of how fast I'd pick up French.  



















On Saturday, we went to Lourdes.  We saw the Basilica, the Grotto, and the chateau fort de Lourdes.  Despite the downpour, we had a great time!  That night, we stayed in a cute little place in a valley up in the mountains.  













Today was the big day!  A small group of us went on a morning walk in the small hills surrounding where we stayed.  We hoped to see the sunrise, but it was a bit cloudy.  Nonetheless, it was a great start to the day.  Later, we took a walk up a big mountain and saw an amazing view.  It was incredible.  We got so high up that we were able to play in the snow!  

















































No comments:

Post a Comment